Do Not Disturb by AR Torre (Alessandra Torre)
Allow me to include several disclaimers in my recommendation for Do Not Disturb:
1. This is not a typical dark erotica book.
2. This is not for anyone who is even slightly squeamish.
3. Start reading Do Not Disturb with an open mind to delving into the mind of a psychopath.
4. Alessandra Torre is a phenomenal writer and storyteller.
DND is hardcore... everything: hardcore eroticism, hardcore violence, hardcore psychological exploration. Much in the same vein as Gone Girl, Do Not Disturb will make your mind twist and make you feel slightly more than uncomfortable while you read it. I'm recommending Do Not Disturb not as a romance — though there is an underlying what-we-do-for-love theme, but as dark thriller. If you like books that go there, read Do Not Disturb. [April 2015]
The Deanna Madden Series Reading Order — Can Be Read Standalone
- The Girl in 6E ★★★★
- Do Not Disturb
Equal parts Dexter and 50 Shades, this is the eagerly awaited follow-up to the daring erotic thriller, The Girl in 6E, by A.R. Torre.
1. Don't leave the apartment.
2. Never let anyone in.
3. Don't kill anyone.
The rules were simple and I broke them.
Now I must face the consequences.
Everyone else must face me.