I get it. It’s overwhelming.
Knowing that you’re going to your first or fiftieth author signing (ahem Shameless Book Con) can be both exciting and nervous-poop-inducing. Me and my anxiety will be with you while we squee one minute and in the stall next door trying not to make embarrassing butt sounds the next.
I’ve put together a little list of helpful hints for brand new signing attendees, seasoned event-goers, and everyone in between.
See you in October!
- Put yourself in the photos
- Ask the author’s assistant to take one for you
- Tag flattering pics on social media
- Tagging authors in signing pics is encouraged!
- Sharing private party pics publicly is a no-no
- Upload to PicNut
- Download the app then join the Shameless Book Con 2016 group using the passcode 253480
- Hashtag everything #SBC16!
Get Things Signed
- Pre-order books, bring your own, or buy on-site
- People behind you? Keep your stack small
- Use sticky notes with your name for the author
- Get creative and commemorate!
- Be shameless! We all belong to the same tribe!
Wear Comfy Shoes
- Comfort > Cute
- Check out some of my favorite TOMS!
- 5 hours can go by quickly
- Trade line-waiting – have a friend hold your space in a long line while you trade meeting other authors
- Bring the cart we recommend to haul your books and swag
Don’t forget to HAVE FUN!